The Raffle

 Okay everyone, I know that you are all traveling to Montana specifically for the raffle at the end of the event...haha,  and you may not come if the raffle isn't filled with the most amazing prizes ever, but things are crazy these days, and the ability of boating vendors to make product even to sell at full price is extremely challenged this year (Covid, yes yes I know we are all tired of that reason, but it really is true). I work in the paddle sports industry, and I can tell you first hand that it is extremely challenging to keep product in our store.  So for me to call and ask any of these boating vendors to donate product this year, well, it just isn't feasible.  So I have a proposition, and we have done this for local races and I find it to be amusing, entertaining and interesting- I would like to do a 'White Elephant' like raffle.  How great would it be if we all got something from our region (neighborhood, city, county, state) and used those items as the prizes (I would love some real Maple Syrup from Wisconsin..or Vermont, for example).  I will still do my best to have some other prizes, but again, nobody is trying to give anything away this year.  If everyone brings 1 item, than everyone can win a prize in the raffle.  Cool??

Comments

  1. Cool...I was already thinking I'd bring some Wisconsin "product" to contribute to the raffle.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Course Location

Results

River Flow